Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.
Administrative Specialist Cover Letter
Administrative Specialists are responsible for office operations in an organization and need to complete their tasks in an accurate and timely manner. Employers select candidates who are able to complete the following work activities: answering phone calls, offering information to clients, organizing and attending meetings, updating records and maintaining filing systems, ordering office supplies, making travel arrangements, greeting guests, and facilitating communication between departments.
Based on our selection of sample cover letters for Administrative Specialist, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Organization and planning
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- Time management and multitasking
- Work prioritization
- Computer proficiency
Those interested in an Administrative Specialist job can check relevant skills and abilities in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Administrative Specialist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Cox:
Upon learning of your posting for an Administrative Specialist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled administrative professional with more than nine years of experience performing comprehensive support functions and coordinating office operations, I am positioned to make a significant contribution to your company in this role.
My background in developing office policies, generating business reports, and coordinating cross-department collaborations has prepared me to greatly impact The Randall Corporation. With my insightful ability to stimulate effective communication and organizational procedures, I excel at managing projects, orchestrating special events, and providing an exceptional level of service while partnering with all levels of management to support corporate goals and objectives.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Expertly supporting up to 18 senior-level staff members with a full range of administrative functions including correspondence, calendar management, document processing, special projects, records management, and travel arrangements.
- Achieving business-development efforts and facilitating communication between multiple departments for optimal efficiency.
- Performing numerous, competing tasks while optimizing workflow and maximizing productivity.
- Demonstrating exceptional organization, time management, and editorial talents.
My skills in general office administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Denise L. Humphrey